[Libreoffice-qa] MAB

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Thu Feb 6 15:47:06 CET 2014

Hi,

On Thu, Feb 06, 2014 at 06:38:36AM -0800, Joel Madero wrote:
> I don't think an upper limit is going to solve the problem that users are
> quickly figuring out our secret behind the scenes action and think that it's
> the fastest way to get their own bugs fixed.

There is no "secret behind the scenes action".

> At this point I think it's not much better than users knowing how to mess
> around with priority/severity - one user was one step away from being blocked
> for a day because he had put 3-5 of his own bugs on there, still in
> unconfirmed status, 2 of which were done after I had asked him to stop with
> the first ones.

Well, taking shortcuts and Doing-it-wrong(tm) obviously should not be rewarded.
A MAB should be properly reported, triaged, bibisected etc. before being added
to the MABs. But there absolutely is nothing secret or behind the scenes about
that.

Best,

Bjoern