[Libreoffice-qa] Backtracing in Windows XP

Christian Lohmaier lohmaier at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 7 13:45:52 CET 2014

Hi Pedro, *,

On Fri, Feb 7, 2014 at 1:39 PM, Pedro <pedlino at gmail.com> wrote:

> I followed the instructions in
> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/How_to_get_a_backtrace_with_WinDbg

probably you didn't :-)

> using LO 4.2.0.4 under Windows XP Pro x86 SP3 (yes, I know MS will
> discontinue it in a couple of months but I'm stuck with it)
>
> I'm trying to get a proof of the crash for Bug #62381 which remains as
> UNCONFIRMED...
>
> The two methods suggested don't work:
> 1) Windbg locks soffice.bin as soon as I attach it to the process so I can
> not open the file that crashes LO

you probably missed:
"Type g in the command window (or choose Debug>Go)."

after attaching.

ciao
Christian

PS: If using windows XP, you need to install PowerShell (the windows
management stuff) via the optional updates if you also want the
debugger to be able to download the source-files.
Not necessary for providing a backtrace though.
(Windows update → optional update → make sure to install the .NET
framework, as powershell/windows management stuff depend on it, then
the "Windows Management Framework" including the powershell should be
listed as available update)