[Libreoffice-qa] RPM installation (was: Re: Calc freeze issues)

Michael Stahl mstahl at redhat.com
Thu Feb 13 21:09:23 CET 2014

On 13/02/14 18:39, Kohei Yoshida wrote:
> On Thu, 2014-02-13 at 11:33 +0100, M Henri Day wrote:
>

>> ​Kohei, any chance of a patch for ​Linux (in my specific case, deb)
>> users being posted in the near future, in addition to those you've
>> already posted for Windows and Mac users, respectively ?...
>
> Actually, I don't know personally.  Let me CC cloph and see if he can
> suggest something toward this end.
>
> Meanwhile, I believe there is a way to install an rpm on the debian
> based system, and that's probably what people have been doing.  I don't
> know the specifics though.

i do :)  it's very easy, just use the "install" script that is included
in the top-level directory of the unpacked LibreOffice*rpm.tar.gz:

 > LibreOffice_4.1.4.2_Linux_x86-64_rpm/install
LibreOffice_4.1.4.2_Linux_x86-64_rpm/RPMS/ /inst/LO_4.1.4.2

you can install it in any path you want, it doesn't touch your system
(/usr) or conflict with distro LO packages in any way, so it's very easy
to install lots of different versions for QA purposes :)