[Libreoffice-qa] Backtracing in Windows XP

bfoman bfo.bugmail at spamgourmet.com
Fri Feb 14 21:40:50 CET 2014

ape wrote
> Hi Pedro!
> I have good news about Windows XP:
> http://www.ubuntukylin.com/news/shownews.php?lang=en&id=191
> Microsoft announced to extend deadline of Windows XP security update
> Service to July 14, 2015:
> News from Microsoft and other majority of IT media: Windows XP security
> update service will prolong from the original April 8, 2014 to July 14,
> 2015. This means that individuals and business users who intend to replace
> the Windows XP operating system products have 15 months to to prepare.
> ape

Hi!
Not quite so. Couldn't open your link, but this one is more official -
https://blogs.technet.com/b/mmpc/archive/2014/01/15/microsoft-antimalware-support-for-windows-xp.aspx.
So, April 8, 2014 still stays as the final day of support for Windows XP -
after that date there won't be any security updates, patches or hotfixes for
the system vulnerabilities. July 14, 2015 is the final date for Microsoft
Security Essentials antimalware software updates.
I wouldn't be so optimistic for using and supporting Windows XP after April
8, as any 0-day security issue probably won't be fixed by MS.
Best regards.