[Libreoffice-qa] ProposedEasyHack Name Change Suggestion

Robinson Tryon bishop.robinson at gmail.com
Wed Feb 26 12:38:46 PST 2014

On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 10:55 AM, Joel Madero <jmadero.dev at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> As I missed the last call I'm not sure if this was discussed but another
> developer has pleaded that QA change the wording to something else
> (nothing related to EasyHack) - I think that this is perfectly fine and
> have a suggestion "NeedsCodePointers."

"Code Pointers" could be confusing, because pointers exist in C++
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pointer_(computer_programming)

I'm seeing some confusion in how 'NeedAdvice' is used as well, so for
our Whiteboard tags let's:
1) Pick something that's very clear
2) Write up rules on proper use

My understand was that "ProposedEasyHack" was just that: A
non-developer (or a developer who didn't have experience w/the
relevant section of code) was suggesting that a particular bug be
classified as an EasyHack.

Perhaps something like NeedsDevEval?  (as we need both a difficulty
eval, plus additional EasyHack-related whiteboard tags, plus pointers
to the right place to stack fixing this bug)

Best,
--R