[Libreoffice-qa] LO 4.2.0.2 opens OLH in browser instead of its own OLH

Thomas Hackert thackert at nexgo.de
Fri Jan 10 23:16:02 PST 2014

Good morning Christian, *,
On Freitag, 10. Januar 2014 21:39 Christian Lohmaier wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 10, 2014 at 6:38 PM, Thomas Hackert
> <thackert at nexgo.de> wrote:
>> On Freitag, 10. Januar 2014 13:20 Pedro wrote:
>>> Thomas Hackert wrote
>
> what do you mean with parallely?

that I followed the instructions from
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Installing_in_parallel. Sorry,
that I forgot to mention it ... :(

> It is default that 4.2 gets
> installed alongside 4.1/will not remove 4.1 - so did you do
> anything special?

Except, that I followed the instructions in the wiki mentioned
above? No, nothing special ... ;) The only thing I do is, that I
opened the "Tools – Options" dialog to change it to my liking
(entered my Name, address, changed formatting for e.g. the colour of
the table boundaries etc. ... But I am changing that at every new
parallel installed version of LO, so I am not sure, if this would
have any impact wrt to the opening of the OLH in Konqueror. And not
to forget, that I additionally install the Germanophone help- as
well as langpack as well ... ;)

> And cd65d6220c5694ee7012d7863bcde3455c9e3c30 is the one with the
> package dependency problem, not the buildfix version.

O.K. But at the time I wrote this mail, there was no other LO
version available, so ... ;)

> So are you sure all packages were installed?

Yes.

>> O.K. I have tested in a Virtual Machine (VM ... ;) ) with a 32bit
>> version of Debian Testing, and it also opens Konqueror there ...
>> :(
>
> Did you try to switch back and forth the UI language in LO's
> options and restarting in between?
> I.e. set it to <whatever>, restart LO, set it to German, restart
> and try Help again.

With the above mentioned version it does not change anything ... :(
Though I have not tested this in the VM ... :( Interestingly, with
LO Version: 4.2.0.2 Build-ID:
601a398b803303d1a40a3299729531824fe0db56 (following the instructions
from the wiki to install it with the Germanophone lang- as well as
helppack under Debian Testing AMD64), this helps ... ;) But why do I
have to switch my UI language to English and then back to German to
get it work?
Thanks for your answer
Thomas.

--
When all else fails, pour a pint of Guinness in the gas tank,
advance the spark 20 degrees, cry "God Save the Queen!", and pull