[Libreoffice-qa] The term "Online Help" (was: Use of abbreviations in this ML)

Thomas Hackert thackert at nexgo.de
Sat Jan 11 08:33:51 PST 2014

Hello Pedro, *,
On Samstag, 11. Januar 2014 17:19 Pedro wrote:
<snip>
> Christian Lohmaier-3 wrote
>> At least I refer to the web help as "wiki help", but that it uses
>> a wiki is
>> irrelevant and also might change in future. Just calling the web
>> based one Online help doesn't cut it either as it has been used
>> with a different meaning for was more than a decade.
>
> Wiki does refer to the tool which as you say could change in the
> future. My opinion is that possibly the most accurate expression
> is "Internet Help".

I think, this is also somehow misleading ... For me, it sounds more
like a help related to the Internet (and/or problems with it), not
for a particular software. But maybe this depends on your English
knowledge, different background etc. ... ;)

> This way people will know that it's on the
> Internet and if they are not connected they don't have access to
> it.

See above. As soon as I read your "Internet Help" above, I got a
different idea of it than you intended ...

<snip>
HTH
Thomas.

--