[Libreoffice-qa] Bisect GUI for Windows

Florian Reisinger florei at libreoffice.org
Mon Jan 13 00:59:13 PST 2014

Hi,

I have been trying to do the GUI, with git in the background. Well it
didn't work out well.....

I wrote a email to cloph and Björn (yes, that's why I am CC'ing you). It
definitely won't work to "steer" git bash via a program.

Fortunately there are tons of git libraries online, unlucky for us noone
of them is implementing bisect :D.  IMHO it is time to make the effort
and reimplement git bisect using this library: http://libgit2.github.com/
As you know, my favorite language is C# (Mono). In dark theory we could
(theoretically) build a git Bisect GUI for Win,Linux Mac....

However, looking at Björn, cloph, have YOU done anything up to now or
should I start to look into the library?

@Anyone: Any thoughts??

PS: Most likely I will start in February, so we have some time to discuss :D

--
Liebe Grüße | Yours,
Florian Reisinger