[Libreoffice-qa] .odt to .pdf -- file extension question

Marc Paré marc at marcpare.com
Mon Jan 13 01:30:28 PST 2014

Hi,

I am just asking here as I am not sure if this is a bug or a decision
made by QA.

When I create a document and then choose the option to export to .pdf,
the regular PDF window opens, and, all if fine, BUT, when you then go on
to "Export", the file name that shows automatically has the .odt
extension tacked onto the end of the file. This then creates a file with
the extension

?????.odt original file is then saved as
?????.odt.pdf

Is this the intended behaviour that we want? Would it not be more
appropriate to export the file and stip the original extension off the
file? Like this:

?????.odt original file should be saved as
?????.pdf

Cheers,

Marc

--