[Libreoffice-qa] The term "Online Help" (was: Use of abbreviations in this ML)

Pedro pedlino at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 04:09:09 PST 2014

Hi Jean

Jean Weber wrote
> The user guides refer to "the built-in Help system" which is reached
> by pressing F1 or choosing Help > LibreOffice Help on the menu bar.
> "Built-in" may not be the best term but it is short, descriptive, and
> literal. Is it obvious? Your call.

As I mentioned in the original topic, the Help file is a separate download
so calling it Built-in doesn't make much sense...

When you click on the LibreOffice Help menu option (under Help) you are
either redirected to the LO site (IF you are connected to the Internet) or
the Offline help (not the printed manuals :) ) is loaded (IF you installed
it separately and IF the Help file you installed is *exactly* the same
Language as the UI)

Maybe "Installed Help"? (it is only true when installed...)

If TDF reconsidered about having a separate installer for each language with
the included Help (as AOO keeps IMO wisely doing) then this discussion would
be solved with "Built-in" :)

Just my 2 cents...