[Libreoffice-qa] [SOLVED] Re: .odt to .pdf -- file extension question

Pedro pedlino at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 15:34:05 PST 2014

Hi Markus

Markus Mohrhard wrote
> No. I think we agreed to use od[stpg].pdf as extension during the export
> of
> hybrid pdf compared to pdf for normal pdf export. It just depends on
> whether you embed an odf document into the pdf or not.

If you did that, then it's not working under Windows...
Deliberately saving as an hybrid pdf does not create a file with a double
extension.

IMO a double extension  is a not such a good idea, although technically it
might seem like a nice indicator...

Only advanced users will ever take advantage of hybrid documents, and I
think they don't need or appreciate  such changes. In addition double
extensions usually trigger anti-virus warnings...

Just my 2 cents...

Cheers,
Pedro