[Libreoffice-qa] MABs and priority (was: minutes of ESC call ...)

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Tue Jan 21 08:00:37 PST 2014

Hi,

On Fri, Jan 17, 2014 at 12:01:21PM +0100, Bjoern Michaelsen wrote:
> == short term ==
>
> To keep the highest=MAB equivalence clean, some regular (weekly?) checking for
> bugs that are priority:highest and not a MAB would be needed. Such bugs could
> be seen as "proposed MABs" and either be:
> - promoted to a MAB with the usual procedure (rationale etc.)
> - or respectfully rejected and bumped to priority:high
>
> Someone volunteering for this task?
>
> If so, it would be interesting:
> - how many such bugs there are each week
> - what is their quality (as in: how many are good MABs? how many are well triaged?)

So to ease this work, I created two stored queries:

 https://bugs.freedesktop.org/buglist.cgi?cmdtype=runnamed&namedcmd=mab-not-highest
 https://bugs.freedesktop.org/buglist.cgi?cmdtype=runnamed&namedcmd=highest-not-mab

QA volunteers concerned with bug priorization are encouraged to check these and
either move them in a consistent highest and MAB or a consistent not-highest
and not-MAB state. Note that usual workflow is still in place, so if you mark
something as a MAB you should provide a good rationale.

Best,

Bjoern