[Libreoffice-qa] [ANN] LibreOffice 4.2.0 RC3 available

Sophie gautier.sophie at gmail.com
Thu Jan 30 08:47:02 PST 2014

Hi Pedro, all,
Le 30/01/2014 17:35, Pedro a écrit :
> Hi Sophie, all
>

> sophi wrote
>> Le 26/01/2014 03:10, suokunlong a écrit :
>>> Even if this is not a blocker, in the release notes their should be no
>>> words like "this release if ready for daily use", or "recommend to
>>> upgrade".
>>
>> And that will not be the case because we know that 4.2.0 is not ready
>> for use in production. And this is noted on the download page.
>
> Did you really believe that?
>
> Yes, it does say that in the Release Notes page, but who is going to notice
> that if LO 4.2 is announced in HUGE letters everywhere???
>
> http://www.libreoffice.org/
> http://www.libreoffice.org/default/
>
> This is all just a joke, isn't it???

Did you read 'The Document Foundation announces LibreOffice
4.2, a new major release targeted to early adopters' in the announcement?
So no, it's not a joke, we have explained our release process since a
long time now and it's also on the download page.
The site will be replace by a new one in the next days, the look and
feel will be very different but also the communication.
Please, wait for the new site and you will see all the differences!
We are even discussing a different wording for the releases, like Fresh
for the x.y.O to x.y.3 ones and Robust for the x.y.4 ones to the EOL.
We need early testers, we need happy users, and in between it's not a
simple equation, but we try to do better each day :)
Cheers
Sophie