[Libreoffice-qa] Trendline equation

Laurent BP jumbo4444 at yahoo.fr
Fri Jan 31 03:35:19 PST 2014

Stefan Weigel wrote
> 1. Enter Data A1=11, A2=13, A3=12, A4=14, A5=16, A6=15
> 2. Select A1:A6
> 3. 4. Create a Line chart
> 4. Insert linear trendline and show equation
>
> --> Equation does make sense.

If you do not specify X-values/categories, what sense can you give in the
equation for 'x'?
>From my point of view, equation is useful if you need to extrapolate or
interpolate values. What else?
The trendline give you the trend of your data, but the numerical values of
the equation must be linked to something. Did I mess something?
And what about "forced intercept" (new option for 4.2), which sense can user
give for categories value of zero?

-----
LibreOffice 4.1.1.2