[Libreoffice-qa] Call for testing: Writer paragraph splits/joins

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Mon Jul 14 03:28:25 PDT 2014

Hi all,

I recently pushed a few canges that try to unwind one of the smaller Gordian
Knots in Writer(*), to get rid of a horrible old implementation that nobody
dared to touch. The new implementation isnt fancy at all (yet), but at least should
pave the way for further cleaning up the code, which I plan to do as we go.

For the time being however, as this is pretty low-level stuff, I ask those who
are testing master/dailies to please also have a look at the behaviour of:

- bookmarks
- redlines (change tracking)
- cursors (admittedly hardly testable in the UI)
- paragraph- and character-bound objects

esp. when splitting or joining a paragraph (read: insert a newline in the
middle, or e.g. press backspace at the start of a paragraph.

Thanks!

Best,

Bjoern

(*) https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/gitweb?p=core.git;a=history;f=sw/source/core/doc/docbm.cxx;h=032daa849bdb282f55a1d30279f4ba464c720a34;hb=33fd0d8ae6a6b4e5226991e39fe755d84cb78280