[Libreoffice-qa] New Whiteboard Statuses

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Thu Jun 5 06:09:22 PDT 2014

> HasDebug or HasBacktrace & HasStrace - When the bug reporter or
> commenter has included the backtrace or strace output, so devs can
> easily see this list

Please consolidate on ONE of those before introducing this and viciously kill
the others. "have-backtrace" looks find to me and is a registered keyword.

> ConfirmedCrashHalt or ConfirmedCrash & ConfirmedHalt- similar to
> ConfirmedRegression, this would be used by the QA team to assign that
> they have confirmed the crash or halt of the UI, and we dont have to
> rely on search for random keywords to pull up an already vetted list of
> results

IMHO, thats what Status:New vs. Status:Unconfirmed/Status:NeedInfo is for. If
you find a noreproducable bug in Status:New, bump it back to NeedInfo. Id avoid
double tracking this in whiteboard.

> WinOnly, LinOnly & MacOnly - MacOnly would be very helpful to me so i
> can filter out the reports that i've confirmed dont happen on windows
> and linux, and priority can be given to these bugs by the QA team who
> have macs as someone already from the QA team has already confirmed its
> existence to be limited to mac, and also because 'Mac OS X (All)'
> doesn't indicate that it wont also happen on other OSes - fdo#79460

Thats what Platform:All/Win/OSX.. is for -- no need to mess up our already
overloaded whiteboard with.

> LanguageSpecific:jp - a means of filtering reports that can only be
> properly tested by an individuals who know a particular language and i
> think it would be useful when we expand the bug submission beyond just
> english. - fdo#77489

Lets not be overspecific: Whiteboard status "rtl" should be enough -- if you
find someone to actually watch those. Note the set of rtl issues seems not to
be too huge: a quick query find less than 150 with RTL in subject. see also:
Whiteboard status:a11y.

Best,

Bjoern

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA/Bugzilla/Fields/Whiteboard/Advanced