[Libreoffice-qa] Issue with TB46 build of Master and with 4.3.0 beta 1 RPM packaging

Christian Lohmaier lohmaier at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 6 16:03:07 PDT 2014

Hi Stuart, *,

On Fri, Jun 6, 2014 at 10:28 PM, V Stuart Foote <VStuart.Foote at utsa.edu> wrote:

> Looking at the YUM install log, I do see this error--seems trivial, and the
> desktop launchers otherwise have icons and have a launch action associated.

Yeah - it is not an error - it is just a compatibility thing - it
doesn't harm if it isn't available or cannot be created - if at all,
the icons in your desktop-environment (file-manager, menus) would be
missing.

The desktop-integration doesn't have any impact on whether a module
can be started or not - if it doesn't launch for you, then it has a
different reason.

cannot reproduce with the RPMs here. Everything works fine - launching
via gnome-shell (i.e. using the menu-integration), or by using
libreofficedev4.3 --writer from the commandline - no problem.

ciao
Christian