[Libreoffice-qa] LO 4.1.6 wizards for fax and letter does not start

Terrence Enger tenger at iseries-guru.com
Sun Jun 15 10:45:24 PDT 2014

On Sun, 2014-06-15 at 18:46 +0200, Thomas Hackert wrote:
> Hello Terrence, *,
> On So, 15. Jun 2014 15:18 Terrence Enger wrote:
> > On Sat, 2014-06-14 at 19:27 +0200, Thomas Hackert wrote:
> >>
> >>                 As the fax wizard has not inserted any of my
> >> personal information in the finished fax file
> >
> > This sounds very much like bug 72604 "Fax-Wizard - Personal Data
> > are
> > only partial adopted".  Can you take a look?
>
> I know bug #72604 (though I have not added any comment, sorry
> Andreas :( ), but my problem is, that I do not see /any/ of my
> personal data, and I wanted to test it in 4.1.6.2, where the wizards
> does not start at all ... :(

Ah yes.  I should have read more carefully.

> > That bug is a 4.2 MAB, last changed 2014-05-03.
>
> Should I add my observations to it (and set the keyword and/or
> Whiteboard status to "Regression")?

At a guess, I think so.  At least I see all the expected personal data
with LibreOffice version 3.5.4.2, as delivered with debian-wheezy.

The report already describes two quite distinct misbehaviours.  At
least yours is closely related to the bug summary.

> Thanks for your answer

Always glad to add my C$0.02 worth.

I shall go off now and try again to bibisect, this time without
getting confused between
(*) good, that is how the program should work
(*) good, I see what I am looking for (i.e., the bug)
(*) being unable to run the Fax Wizard sucks, but it is not the bug
    that I am looking for, so call it good.

Terry.