[Libreoffice-qa] [ANN] LIbreOffice 4.2.5 RC2 available

Tommy barta at quipo.it
Sat Jun 21 00:32:52 PDT 2014

On Sat, 14 Jun 2014 23:12:51 +0200, Christian Lohmaier
<lohmaier at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Dear Community,
>
> The Document Foundation is pleased to announce the second release
> candidate of LibreOffice 4.2.5. The upcoming 4.2.5 will be the fifth
> in a sequence of frequent bugfix releases for our feature-packed 4.2
> line. Feel free to give it a try instead of 4.2.4.

hi, I see this on the TDF blog:

http://blog.documentfoundation.org/

June 20, 2014
LibreOffice 4.2.5 hits the marketplace
Filed under: Announcements, LibreOffice — italovignoli @ 11:25

Berlin, June 20, 2014 – The Document Foundation announces LibreOffice
4.2.5 “Fresh”, the fifth minor release of the most feature rich version of
the software, ready for enterprise deployments. For more conservative
users, The Document Foundation suggests LibreOffice 4.1.6 “Stable”.

etc. etc.

I thought that the 4.2.5 would be considered the new "stable" release
while I see the 4.1.6 is still considered "stable" and 4.2.5 is still the
"fresh one"

will 4.2.6 be finally considered "stable" ?

correct me if I'm wrong but the 4.1.x branch started being labeled as
stable from .5 release, while 4.2.x still is in the "fresh" category