[Libreoffice-qa] Pushing 4.2.4 into Ubuntu Update Repo

Jay Philips philipz85 at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 20 13:38:41 PDT 2014

Hi Bjoern,

I upgraded to 4.2.4 on Ubuntu 14.04 from the proposed repo and

Bug 1219245 - while having writer open, it didnt crash when i did a
software update including the installation/upgrade of various font
related packages (libfontconfig1, fontconfig, libxfont1,
fontconfig-config, fonts-opensysmbol).

Bug 1296715 - confirmed the issue was in 4.2.3 in ubuntu (doesnt happen
in xubuntu) and that its fixed after the upgrade.

Here are some notes i wanted to pass across from my updating experience -

1) after enabling the proposed repo, 'software & updates' asked me to
reload the repo cache so i did so, but then after opening software
updater, it didnt show me the updated list, i had to close it and then
reopen it in order for it to show the updated list. i'm assuming this
happened because software updater was running in the background when i
first opened it.

2) when running the software updater, it separated LibreOffice, Writer,
Impress, Calc, Math and Draw into separate entries, as if they were
separate applications, and if updating one wouldnt update all the rest.
(see attachment)

3) there were a number of optionally upgradeable libreoffice packages
(fonts-opensymbol, libreoffice-help-en-us,
libreoffice-presentation-minimizer, libreoffice-style-human,
libreoffice-ogltrans, libreoffice-pdfimport, uno-libs3, ure) that i
think should be consolidated either into their own group or underneath
'Other Updates' > 'LibreOffice'. (see attachment)

4) I ran the same upgrade on xubuntu 14.04, after previously installing
libreoffice 4.2.3 on it, and i think ubuntu flavours will benefit from
points 2 and 3. (see attachments)

Regards,
Jay Philips