[Libreoffice-qa] [libreoffice-website] Re: 4.2.1 is a Stable version???

Charles-H. Schulz charles.schulz at documentfoundation.org
Sun Mar 9 14:08:11 PDT 2014

Le Sun, 09 Mar 2014 21:07:12 +0100,
Michael Stahl <mstahl at redhat.com> a écrit :

> On 09/03/14 14:51, Bjoern Michaelsen wrote:
> > Hi Pedro,
> >
> > On Sat, Mar 08, 2014 at 02:00:47AM -0800, Pedro wrote:
> >> http://www.libreoffice.org/download/libreoffice-fresh/
> >> "LibreOffice is available in the following stable versions:
> >>     4.1.5
> >>     4.2.1
> >> "
> >
> > Since we are doing the "LibreOffice Fresh"/"LibreOffice Stable"
> > thing on the website now, that is indeed misleading. As the
> > contrast is against prerelease versions, I would suggest to maybe
> > change that wording to "LibreOffice is available in the following
> > finalized versions:".
>
> how about calling a released version ... "release"?
>
> as in "The following current LibreOffice releases are available:" or
> "The most current available LibreOffice releases are:" or ...

Just to be very clear : The Fresh vs. Stable naming scheme is not
something I pulled out of nowhere, but was the result of a rather
lengthy discussion. I happen to agree with that choice but I and
others also welcome additions, changes, etc . to the text. At some
point however we'll need to agree with something and stick with it
too :-)

Charles-H. Schulz
Co-founder, The Document Foundation,
Kurfürstendamm 188, 10707 Berlin