[Libreoffice-qa] 4.2.1 is a Stable version???

Pedro pedlino at gmail.com
Sun Mar 9 14:50:25 PDT 2014

Hi Cor

Cor Nouws wrote
> However, there is a clear distinction between the pages named Fresh and
> Stable. Doesn't that help?

There is a clear separation (not distinction!) if you select from the menu.

In any case, what does Fresh mean? I guess it means that it is from the
Fresh branch (as opposed to the Ripe branch, like in fruit?)
Even if this has some logic for people in the project, I could also expect
that Fresh means the latest version released (as in Freshly pressed juice),
in which case the next Fresh release will be 4.1.6...

Most users will probably arrive to the Download page by pushing the Download
button on the Home page and guess which version they are presented with???

The incoherence is that in the "not-so-visible" Release Notes it says: "is
targeted for early adopters and private power users". Does it seem
reasonable to think that first time users are willing to be early adopters
or that they are power users???

Kind regards,
Pedro