[Libreoffice-qa] Crash, when undoing numbering of headers in a Writer template

Thomas Hackert thackert at nexgo.de
Mon Mar 10 11:10:20 PDT 2014

Hello Terrence, *,
On Montag, 10. März 2014 14:40 Terrence Enger wrote:
> On Mon, 2014-03-10 at 05:08 +0100, Thomas Hackert wrote:
>> On Sonntag, 9. März 2014 20:22 Terrence Enger wrote:
>> > On Sun, 2014-03-09 at 19:36 +0100, Thomas Hackert wrote:
[crash in Writer]

>> > I got a crash at this point.  Assertion failure in
>> > ImplDbgTestSolarMutex () at

/home/terry/lo_hacking/git/libo4/vcl/source/app/dbggui.cxx:1624,
>> > which reads
>> >
>> >     assert(ImplGetSVData()->mpDefInst->CheckYieldMutex());
>> >
>> > I attach terminal output of run and output from gdb on the core
>> > file
>>
>> Could it be, that you have used a self-built version?
>
> Whoops.  I was expecting a bug report to add that information to.

Well, I am not Bugzilla nor the all-knowing garbage dump ... ;)

> Anyway, this LibreOffice is commit 806f4d8, fetched 2014-03-04
> 14:19 UTC, configured:
>     --enable-option-checking=fatal
>     --enable-dbgutil
>     --enable-crashdump
>     --without-system-postgresql
>     --without-myspell-dicts
>     --with-extra-buildid
>     --without-doxygen
>     --with-external-tar=/home/terry/lo_hacking/git/src
> built and executing on debian-wheezy 64-bit.
>
> I think that --enable-dbgutil can well account for the different
> behaviour that I see.

This could be, but I am not really sure ... :( If I start
<quote>
gdb soffice.bin | tee HeadingUndoCrash.log
</quote>
, I get a crash as well, but LO's UI seem to be O.K., until you try
to move the cursor ... ;)

Was it not possible in the past to start LO with "-debug" or "-gdb"
or something like that? The only still functioning (but not
documented) parameter is "-strace" ... ;)

>>  And would you
>> be so kind to test it with 4.2.2.1 as well, please? Do you get a
>> crash there as well?
>
> First, following the steps to reproduce, from the first e-mail:
> | 1. Download template from
> | https://bugs.freedesktop.org/attachment.cgi?id=59830
> | 2. Open Writer
> | 3. Open the downloaded template in Writer (06_minutes.ott)
> | 4. Click "OK", when the dialog "Minutes types" opens
> | 5. Click "OK" in the warning "Bookmark NextTopic is not
> | defined!" 6. Go to "<Geben Sie hier den Tagesordnungspunkt ein"
> | with your mouse pointer
>
> I put the cursor before that field.
>
> | 7. Go to "Format – Bullet & Numbering" and doubleclick on
> | "Numeric" (the right frame on the top row)
>
> Within dialog "Bullets and Numbering", tab "Numbering type", the
> rightmost image on the top row is upper-case Roman numerals with
> trailing dot.  The document window shows "I.<tab>" before the
> field.
>
> | 8. Put your cursor in front of "<Geben Sie den Verlauf der
> | Diskussion wieder>
> | 9. Follow the steps from point 7 again
>
> The document window shows the line indented, and there is
> "I.<tab>" before the field.
>
> | 10. Press three times <Ctrl>+<Z>
>
> Segmentation fault in SwNodeIndex::operator=(SwNodeIndex const&)
> ()

O.K.

> Secondly, I can produce a segmentation fault in the same function
> by following the abbreviated steps:
>
> | 3. Open the downloaded template in Writer (06_minutes.ott)
> | 4. Click "OK", when the dialog "Minutes types" opens
>
> This set the document-modified flag in the status bar.
>
> | 5. Click "OK" in the warning "Bookmark NextTopic is not
> | defined!"
>
> followed by <ctrl>+Z.

Oh, interesting. I was testing a bug about changing headers to
numbered headers, when I discovered the crash ... Your test
procedure is much shorter ... ;) This evokes old OOo days, when a
former team member was mentioning, that he found a way to crash OOo
with one click (or so) ... ;)

>>                      And it would be nice, if you could give
>>                      us/me
>> some further infos like OS/architecture etc. ... ;)
>
> debian-wheezy 64-bit throughout.

Thanks for your info and your further tests (and explanations as
well) :)
Thomas.

--
Q:	How much does it cost to ride the Unibus?
A:	2 bits.