[Libreoffice-qa] Version field options way too fine grained

Kohei Yoshida libreoffice at kohei.us
Fri Mar 14 06:58:00 PDT 2014

Hi there,

Another thing I'd like to inquire about is that currently we have way
too fine-grained version field options it's becoming increasingly
difficult to query for "give me all bugs for 4.2" and similar.  For
instance, even for the 4.2 branch we have

4.2.0.0alpha0+Master,
4.2.0.0alpha1
4.2.0.0beta1
4.2.0.1rc
4.2.0.2rc

and so on. We have way too many to list all.  4.1 is in a similar
situation.

I have my saved query and try to select all relevant versions but it's
prone to errors.  Today I just discovered a regression that I didn't see
before because its version field was set to 4.2.0.0alpha0+Master which I
didn't include in my saved search.

IMO we should only have 4.0, 4.1, 4.2 etc as version.  All these too
fine grained version numbers only serve to make bugs discoverable.

What do you guys think about this?

Kohei