[Libreoffice-qa] Version field options way too fine grained

Joel Madero jmadero.dev at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 08:06:44 PDT 2014

Hey Kohei,

> What do you guys think about this?

Well I see a few potential issues but all in all it's QA's job to make
it easier for the developers and users so if it's thought that doing
this would do so we can discuss. We have substantially reduced the
number of versions listed (I removed all of 3.5 essentially).

That being said potential problems:
(1) Confused users when they are reporting
(2) Stats become much harder to track
(3) Requires QA to do additional work to input field version in
whiteboard status (IMHO we already put too much in whiteboard)

I think those are my main concerns - but we can discuss a bit on Monday
on the call (within QA) and then Robinson can talk it over on Thursday
on ESC if that works for you. I suspect both Bjoern and Michael will
have opinions as well :)

Best,
Joel