[Libreoffice-qa] Bugs Libreoffice

Terrence Enger tenger at iseries-guru.com
Mon Mar 24 14:25:21 PDT 2014

On Sun, 2014-03-23 at 19:31 -0300, Diego Ariel Capeletti wrote:
> When I copy data from a remote terminal in Windows and try to paste into
> Libreoffice closes without notice. I hope you take into account in future
> revisions.

Diego,

I think you will get best results by submitting a bug report.  The bug
submission assitant at <https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/bug/>
will lead you through the process.  The need to register is a
nuisance, but we need that as a protection against spam.

You might well include answers to the obvious early questions in your
report.  Version numbers are a good thing.

(*) Are you trying to copy from a remote program into a local
    LibreOffice?  That sounds like what you are doing, but it is good
    to say so explicitly.

(*) Does LibreOffice alsways fail when you do this?

(*) What program in running in the remote terminal.

(*) What operating system is running in the remote terminal.

(*) How do you do the copy operation?  In particular, how do you copy
    onto the clipboard of your local system rather than the clipboard
    of the remote system?  (I am sorry if this answer seems obvious to
    you; I am not a Windows guy.)

(*) What is your remote terminal software?

(*) What is your local Windows?

(*) What is your version of LibreOffice?

(*) What application of LibreOffice are you running: Writer? Calc?
    Something else?

(*) How do you paste the data?

This will let us let us start digging into the problem.  Thank you for
helping us to kill this bug.

Just for my curiosity, please add me <lo_bugs at iseries-guru.com> to the
cc of the bug report.

Terry.