[Libreoffice-qa] [ANN] LibreOffice 4.2.3 RC2 test builds available

Christian Lohmaier lohmaier at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 27 08:42:18 PDT 2014

Hi Ape,

On Thu, Mar 27, 2014 at 1:26 PM, ape <os2sa at yandex.ru> wrote:
> Hi, Christian!
>   I hope that you read this my post: LibreOffice 4.2.3rc2 and Bug 76470
> (need for LO-4.2.3.3)
> http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/LibreOffice-4-2-3rc2-and-Bug-76470-need-for-LO-4-2-3-3-tp4103152.html

This is not how the release-process works unfortunately.
We cannot snip with a finger and have new build available immediately :-)

And is nothing strange a bug being fixed after the tag for another
release has been created. You cannot change time :-)

We're still in the early-adopter/end-user phase of the release with
4.2.3 (that time-wise is 4.2.2, since there was an additional release
squeezed in) - so it is somewhat expected that it is not ready for
everyone out there. It's also a corner case with absolute references
and doesn't affect all users.
So while surely annoying if you're affected, not a stopper from my
point of view.

ciao
Christian