[Libreoffice-qa] Bibisect status update: 535 builds covering 46749 commits in one repo

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Fri Mar 28 14:57:07 PDT 2014

Hi all,

so -- it took longer than expected, but I finally updated and cleaned up the
bibisect wiki page. We now have 535 LibreOffice builds covering 46749 commit
(mid-3.5 until 4.2 branch point) in one repo. That download is still manageable
8.4GB (thats ~16MB per build) and allows you to bibisect every reproducable
regression in 3.6, 4.0, 4.1 or 4.2.

Should 8.4GB be too much for you, there is a second repo covering _only_ the
range from 4.1 branch point to 4.2 branch point. Note that this repo is still
2.8 GB, so IMHO, unless you have very good reasons, you should go for the big
repo.

The repos are available for download both from Canonical and from TDF servers,
see:

 https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA/HowToBibisect#Versions

for details. I also added the experimental win/osx bibisects existing there,
that might help get more people involved, even if Windows only has a test repo.

So Bibisectzilla[*] is alive and well: Happy testing with your 500 LibreOffice
builds! ;)

Best,

Bjoern

P.S.: Feel free to amend the bibisect page, if you have more info on some of
      the build (e.g. the data on the OSX repos is missing).

[*] https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA/Bibisect/Bibisectzilla