[Libreoffice-qa] Crash in Impress, when you add a directory and a single picture to the Photo Album

Thomas Hackert thackert at nexgo.de
Sun Mar 30 09:27:53 PDT 2014

Hello again,
I need someone with different pictures, sorted in directories, but
also containing single pictures in it – at least, one directory and
a single picture in it ... ;)

I discovered the following:

1. Start LO
2. Go to "File – New – Presentation"
3. Go to "Insert – Image – Photo Album"
4. Click on "Add"
5. Choose a directory (and/or create one before ... ;) ) with one
directory and a single picture in it. In my directory there were two
additional jpegs ... ;)
6. Click in the upper part of the window (below your picture) and
press <Ctrl>+<A>
7. Press <Enter>
8. Press "Insert Slides"

You will get a smallish window with only a warning sign (is this the
right name for this symbol?) and an "OK" button. Press <Enter>
again, and Impress immediatly vanishes ... :(

Tested with:
LO: Version: 4.2.3.2 Build ID:
7c5c769e412afd32da4d946d2cb0c8b0674e95e0 (parallel installed,
following the instructions from
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Installing_in_parallel) with
Germanophone lang- as well as helppack
OS: Debian Testing i686

Can someone confirm this with a different OS/architecture, please?
TIA
Thomas.

--
I'm afraid my gut level reaction is basically, "'proceed' is cute,
but cute doesn't cut it in the emergency room."