[Libreoffice-qa] ODF compatibility tests

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at collabora.com
Fri May 2 05:46:11 PDT 2014

Hi Jay,

	First - thanks for your work helping to test LibreOffice ! =) that's
always appreciated. Of course, its -most- appreciated when the results
of your work are easiest to fix - ie. as of now, testing 4.3 is rather
more useful than 4.2. Nevertheless - it's some great work.

On Fri, 2014-05-02 at 16:21 +0400, Jay Philips wrote:
> Alternatively, is there an ODF test to validate if a ODF file
> outputted by an ODF compatible software complies to the ODF standard and
> can output the file as a pdf to show how it should be rendered, somewhat
> similar to the Acid test for CSS.

	ODF doesn't specify layout, so no there are no tests of that sort.
Naturally we do our best to retain layout compatibility and there are a
number of tweaks and compatibility options too tedious to enumerate to
achieve that for LibreOffice.

> Currently if a .doc, .docx or .rtf loads different between LibO and ms
> word, i report these bugs, but if there are load differences for .odt
> files its difficult to know if its a LibO or ms word problem.

	Well - I'd blame MS Word of course :-) at least if you want to fairly
reflect the concern that our layout of DOCX is different to that in MS
Office (DOCX also does not specify precise layout).

	Anyhow - thanks for your work ! hopefully it results in some good
improvements over time.

	ATB,

		Michael.

--