[Libreoffice-qa] [documentliberation-discuss] ODF compatibility tests

Markus Mohrhard markus.mohrhard at googlemail.com
Fri May 2 08:07:30 PDT 2014

Hey,

On Fri, May 2, 2014 at 3:01 PM, Charles-H. Schulz <
charles.schulz at documentfoundation.org> wrote:

> Jay,
>
> Replying in more details: there are a few ODF validators out there but
> they are neither autoritative nor maintained. And ODF 1,2 has evolved after
> they were released:
> http://plugfest.opendocsociety.org/doku.php?id=validators:overview
>
> Cheers,
>
> Charles.

Just to follow-up on this. Inside Libreoffice's automated tests we use
officeotron for OOXMl validation and odfvalidator for ODF validation.

There are not many automated tests that check the layout (limited to
Impress and charts) but quite a few that make sure that we don't loose
content during import or export. Normally we add them after fixing a bug to
prevent the same error in the future. Additionally we have a script that
imports all bugzilla documents and exports them to different formats and
runs a validation on the exported files to find export problems.

Except for these tests we have currently no tests that check either
validation or our filters. As some people already pointed out there is
neither a official set of test documents nor is the layout specified in
either ODF or OOXML.

Regards,
Markus