[Libreoffice-qa] DOCX Test 4 Results

Jay Philips philipz85 at hotmail.com
Fri May 2 22:14:42 PDT 2014

Hi All,

I just wanted to share with you all the results of my latest extended
.docx test and hope its okay to do so here in the mailing list.

file url:
http://download.microsoft.com/documents/customerevidence/Files/710000003670/Xiamen_Tungsten_Group_unifies_enterprise.docx
file contents: chinese language, text and images, 6 pages, 230Kb

Results
--------
* docx & doc - paragraph spacing is off [reported]
-
* export doc, docx strict, docx trans, odt - perfect as same as input
* export rtf - font name not retained [4.1 - 4.3] and regression in font
color not retained [4.2 only] [reported]
* exports in word 2010 - all look good except doc/docx have a few bullet
points with text on the following line [reported]
-
* kingsoft doc export - using Sinsum rather than Microsoft Yahei, blue
colored text appeared in green, image centered rather than being left
aligned, and second image had text wrapping on when it should have been
off [reported]
* kingsoft docx export - paragraph spacing is off
* kingsoft rtf export - font name not retained [4.1 - 4.3] and not
openable in versions below 4.1 [reported]
-
* word 2013/2010 doc, docx trans, docx strict, rtf export - paragraph
and line spacing is off
* word 2013/2010 odt export - table type lines appeared on the page
which are not visible in calligra words [reported]
--------

Rating: B as opening/saving rtf/doc had font and image problems, as well
as problems with opening ms word odt file

--
Jay Philips