[Libreoffice-qa] What should Calc Chart GL3D do?

Thomas Hackert thackert at nexgo.de
Sat May 24 07:57:28 PDT 2014

Hello @ll,
while I was trying to translate LO's UI to German, I stumbled upon
the new Chart type "GL3D Bar". To translate it correctly, I created
a new Calc spreadsheet, inserted different values (date, time,
temperatures, or even just a couple of numbers), but I only get a
white frame without any chart, text, title etc. ... :( Is this a bug
or feature (or am I just too dump to understand it) ;?

Steps to reproduce:
1. Start Calc
2. Insert "Value 1", "1", "3", "5" in the first column
3. Insert "Value 2", "2", "4", "6" in the second column
(you can even add a third column with "Value 3", "3", "6", "9" or
even different headers, type of data like date, time, temperature,
etc. in it ... ;) )
4. Go to "Insert – Object – Chart..." and click on "GL3D Bar" below
"Choose a chart type"

It does not lead to any different observation, if you click through
the "Chart Wizard" via "Next" button or if you click on "Finish" on
my system ... :( I only get a white frame (object?) without any
chart in it ... :(

Would someone be so kind to try it on a different system? Or is here
someone who can explain this chart or its functionality?

LO: Version: 4.3.0.0.beta1 Build ID:
2e39c7e59c8fc8b16a54c3d981dceef27fb0c07f
OS: Debian Testing i686 (parallel installed, following the
instructions from
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Installing_in_parallel) with
Germanophone lang- as well as helppack

TIA for any insight
Thomas.

--
Well, O.K. I'll compromise with my principles because of EXISTENTIAL
DESPAIR!