[Libreoffice-qa] Presentation Video Bug - Need Dev/QA Feedback

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Sat May 31 12:34:20 PDT 2014

On Sat, May 31, 2014 at 10:46:11PM +0400, Jay Philips wrote:
> Yes i've had success in Xubuntu 14.04 and Linux Mint 17 after tracking
> down the necessary packages as mentioned in fdo#79468, as i was having
> problems with MKVs crashing LibO in Linux Mint 13. I did some testing on
> windows 7 and some formats worked (mpg, ogv, mp4, webm), while others
> didnt (avi, mkv). As i dont know how its being played on windows, i dont
> know how to remedy the issue.

Note that both avi and mkv are not codecs -- they are merely containers that
can contain essentially any codec, no matter how obscure:

 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matroska
 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audio_Video_Interleave

For triage, it would help to know:
- if an container holding one of the known working codecs works
- if an container doesnt work, if the codec works outside of the container (say
  as mpeg4).

Best,

Bjoern