[Libreoffice-qa] retest ping to UNCONFIRMED bugs older than 6 months

Joel Madero jmadero.dev at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 22:54:02 PST 2014

On 11/11/2014 10:42 PM, Tommy wrote:
> On Wed, 05 Nov 2014 22:46:03 +0100, Robinson Tryon
> <bishop.robinson at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> moreover we have to decide if pinging just UNCONFIRMED old bugs or
>>> even NEW
>>> bugs (excluding the easy hacks).
>
> if the "ping campaign" is accepted by the QA, we only have to decide
> the timeframe of bugs to test...
> older than 6 months or older than 1 year etc. etc.
>
> my proposal is to ping:
>
> UNCONFIRMED bugs older than 100 days
> http://snipurl.com/29ejxgd  (183 bugs)
I am not a fan at all for pinging unconfirmed bugs . . . already too
many people leave comments like "please confirm on x.x.x.x - for a user
to continue to be testing their own bugs when QA hasn't touched them
beyond asking them to continue testing is just a good way to annoy the
hell out of users. 100 days is also very short time frame (183 bugs is
nearly 25% of our total count).

> NEW bugs older than 2 years (*)
> http://snipurl.com/29febjl  (439 bugs)
I am much more a fan of this.