[Libreoffice-qa] FDO - New Milestone

Robinson Tryon bishop.robinson at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 19:38:09 PST 2014

[adding QA list back to cc]

On Sun, Nov 16, 2014 at 4:50 PM, julien2412 <serval2412 at yahoo.fr> wrote:
> Hi Joel,
>
> Great news indeed.
> But is there a milestone for :
> - oldest bugs, there are more than 500 bugs older than 2011-06 (3 years
> ago!)

We've got 564 bugs in that range
https://bugs.freedesktop.org/buglist.cgi?bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_status=NEEDINFO&f1=creation_ts&limit=0&list_id=495680&o1=lessthan&order=changeddate%20DESC%2Cop_sys%2Cbug_status%2Cpriority%2Cassigned_to%2Cbug_id&product=LibreOffice&query_format=advanced&v1=2011-06-01

Of those, 21 are UNCONFIRMED/NEEDINFO (mostly UNCONFIRMED). Older open
bugs that aren't yet triaged are definitely on the radar of QA.

> - bug marked as regression (didn't play with search options to know the
> number) ?

We've got several stats on regressions. We have some in the ESC
minutes each week, and we also keep track of stats in the QA minutes:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA/Meetings/2014/December_03#IRC_Minutes

> I mean, why to focus only about unconfirmed ones even if they're important
> of course?

Oh, certainly -- there a number of different groups of bugs on which
we can focus :-)

The 'preBibisect' bugs are always a great group to QA to tackle.
Currently we have 17 bugs that need sleuthing to figure out where in
the [OOo - LO 3.5] range they first appeared, and the OSX bibisect
repo is perfect for that purpose:
https://bugs.freedesktop.org/buglist.cgi?bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_status=NEEDINFO&list_id=495684&product=LibreOffice&query_format=advanced&version=PreBibisect

Aside from prioritizing bugs and putting them on MAB lists, is there
anything specific QA can do to highlight specific bugs for the devs?

Cheers,
--R

--
Robinson Tryon