[Libreoffice-qa] [ANN] LibreOffice 4.2.7 RC1 test builds available

Robinson Tryon bishop.robinson at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 09:26:23 PDT 2014

On Fri, Oct 3, 2014 at 11:31 AM, Dan Lewis <elderdanlewis at gmail.com> wrote:
>      There was a bug (regression) involving Base first appearing in 4.0.0
> and fixed in 4.3.2.1. My question: will the bug fix be back ported to 4.2.7?
> If not, then Base 4.2.7 is not of much use to anyone with complex forms.
> FYI: it involved a subform which had a subform. Whether it is back ported or
> not, it does need to be mentioned in the release notes as a problem that is
> not solved until 4.3.2.1.

We have this section of the wiki page for 4.2:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/ReleaseNotes/4.2#Most_Annoying_Bugs

It does say "Most Annoying Bugs," so I wouldn't expect it to be
entirely inclusive of all bugs open against 4.2, but at least in this
case it sounds like this problem should be on the mab4.2 list.

Bigger-picture, I'm now wondering if we can programmatically determine
which documented bugs still affect the latest Still or Fresh release.
Hmm

(Thinking out loud:
- If a bug is still open, then it definitely could affect any builds.
- If the bug is resolved, "target:X.y.z" whiteboard tags that are
newer than the current release could indicate the bug affects that
build.
- Specific repro tests are buried in comments, and aren't structured
enough (yet) for us to scrape in a script.
)

--
Robinson Tryon
QA Engineer - The Document Foundation