[Libreoffice-qa] Call of "Tools - Options - LibreOfficeDev Base - Connections" crashes master

Thomas Hackert thackert at nexgo.de
Sun Oct 5 01:20:58 PDT 2014

Good morning Dan, *,
On Sa, 4. Oktober 2014 13:52 Dan Lewis wrote:
> On 10/03/2014 09:42 AM, Thomas Hackert wrote:
>> while configuring my freshly downloaded and parallel installed
>> (following the instructions from
>> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Installing_in_parallel) LO
>> master on Debian Testing i686, I discovered the following:
>       The web page is out of date with the example being for
>       version 3.4

I know (and this is not only the case for this instruction, but also
for https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Documentation/Install/Linux
and other instructions ... :( ). I just need the "for i in..." and
the bootstraprc entry to copypaste it (slightly customised) ... ;)

> or before which were when the configuration files were a hidden
> folder in the Home directory. Now, the configuration files are
> located in the .config folder.
>       Another observation in the last line of bootstraprc:
>               UserInstallation=$SYSUSERCONFIG/libreoffice/<main
>               version
> number>
>        If the complete version number of the form x.x.x (such as
> 4.2.7.1) is used in place of the main version number (such as 4),
> opening the database creates the configuration folder labeled
> 4.2.7.1 along side of any other configuration folders contained in
> .config/libreoffice/. (Presently I have the following
> configuration folders: 4, 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, and 4.2.7.1 (this version
> has been installed in parallel according to the web page up to the
> point of modifying the bootstraprc file. There I only modified the
> main version number to the specific version number.

Well, I prefer the "UserInstallation=$ORIGIN/.." entry, as LO then
creates its config folder in /path/to/instdir instead of creating it
somewhere in .config. So I just need to "rm -rf /path/to instdir"
instead of running two times "rm -rf" ... ;)

Thanks for your additional comment and have a nice day
Thomas.

--
Coronation, n.:
	The ceremony of investing a sovereign with the outward and