[Libreoffice-qa] ping to retest old bugs

Tommy barta at quipo.it
Sat Oct 25 03:18:12 PDT 2014

On Fri, 24 Oct 2014 23:30:01 +0200, Joel Madero <jmadero.dev at gmail.com>
wrote:

>> but we are constantly doing this with NEEDINFO bugs...
>> once in a while I get a bunch of email from NEEDINFO bugs I'm on CC.
>> it doesn't disturbs me at all.
> Developers have complained about it - and have asked that we do it
> sparingly.
>

> Best,
> Joel

I've read it into the mailing list.
I think that if we start pinging just the UNCONFIRMED bugs it won't hurt
devs since most of the time they are not in CC list of those bugs.

regarding the NEW bugs we may exclude the easy hacks because of the
automated dev list mail issue that Jan reported.

however I still think that we should ping those old NEW bugs...
I'm closing many of them after personal retest...

if we mark them as RESOLVED WORKSFORME we give a message to all the people
in CC list that will see that the project is improving, moreover getting
rid of all those old fixed bug which still appaer as NEW would improve our
stats and will help us during search for duplicates since they would not
appear in queries.

I agree we should not do it too frequently...
I think we could do a "Ping retest" every 6 months which would be just
twice a year.

cheers, Tommaso