[Libreoffice-qa] BSA 2.0 - First Draft of Concept Questions

Algot Runeman algot.runeman at verizon.net
Wed Sep 10 13:47:36 PDT 2014

On 09/10/2014 03:16 PM, Joel Madero wrote:
> We've been talking about this for quite some time.
> *Idea: *A BSA that gives users a 1 question at a time approach with
> almost exclusively "yes/no" answers. By filling out the information
> the bug report gets appropriate importance, severity, version,
> attachments, etc . . .
>
> The attached document has a first draft of the flow that I envisioned
> --> suggestions welcome.
>

> Best,
> Joel

Joel,

Question about the second step.

"2.What was the earliest version of LibreOffice that showed this bug?"

If there is only to be a checklist for this question, it is important to
offer the option "I have not done the steps which caused the bug until
this version." and/or "This is the first version of LibreOffice I have
used."

I think it isn't wise to make a person think they are remiss for not
encountering a bug during the earlier versions of LO.

The rest of the sequence seems logical and easy to follow, especially
for a novice bug submitter. Will this sequence put off a veteran submitter?

--Algot

--
Algot Runeman

algot.runeman at verizon.net