[Libreoffice-qa] BSA 2.0 - First Draft of Concept Questions

Cor Nouws oolst at nouenoff.nl
Mon Sep 15 11:43:12 PDT 2014

Joel Madero wrote on 11-09-14 02:40:

>> 2) I think we should ask them to download the latest stable/still
>> version if they are running an EOL version or if they are on an older
>> version of the current stable/still.
>
> I strongly disagree - if it's fixed in Fresh - that is sufficient 95% of
> the time (ie. we're not going to go dig through to find a backport if
> stable isn't fixed). ...

Could be an interesting thought to ask/suggest if they are able to try
in a later version, in case they run al older.
Would prevent quit some duplicates (of fixed) bugs, IMO.
The trick is asking it kindly & offering info, so that part of the
audience will do it :)

Cheers

Cor
 - PS Good initiative & job :)