[Libreoffice-qa] Update to wiki Development/Java page

Robinson Tryon bishop.robinson at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 11:13:32 PDT 2014

On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 9:56 AM, Owen Genat <owen.genat at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks. I have (with the help of Robinson) managed to clean up the page a
> bit. Unfortunately we discovered that MediaWiki seems to have limitation on
> the size of certain list types :-( As a workaround I have offered an
> alternate sed command that returns only the 1st level directory. A sample
> list of the full directory output is offered and a truncated listing of the
> full directory output on a separate page. Others can run the command as
> required but hopefully all will get the idea.

Aside from the android/ directory, I'd assume most other uses of java
will decline in the future, at which point we can increase the
directory depth we show on that page.

> Does anyone have any update on (i.e., an account somewhere of) building LO
> without Java? This part of the page is ~2.5 years old now.

I haven't personally built LO w/o java recently, but it's a good idea
for someone to verify the flag is working. There are more notes at
this link:
http://www.mail-archive.com/blfs-dev@linuxfromscratch.org/msg12338.html

Best,
--R