[Libreoffice-qa] When it's time to basic bases?

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Sun Aug 2 11:52:49 PDT 2015

Hi Miguel, Hi Joel,

On Sat, Aug 01, 2015 at 08:30:19AM -0700, Joel Madero wrote:
> I skimmed this and really...this isn't how the team works. We don't
> have someone come and "insist" and "dictate" how we do our work. If
> you want then the best thing for you to do is "lead by example" and
> then if it works, others will follow. With that, I'm not going to
> say anything specific with regards to anything in this because it's
> just a lot of "insist" on a massive amount of changes and telling
> volunteers how to do their volunteering. Really not how the project
> works.

I agree with Joel here, but like to provide one addition: Aiming to communicate
about changes earlier is of course still a worthwhile goal. If you want to
improve the situation here e.g. by watching the commit stream, asking commiters
for more details about their changes etc. -- that would be a most valuable
contribution, if those results are then published in a more accessable form (on
a blog for example). For starters it might make sense to focus on one specific
application for that (say: Calc or Writer).

Unlike asking others to contribute differently, such work would indeed likely
be much appreciated by all parties involved.

Best,

Bjoern