[Libreoffice-qa] QA Meetings: Better time? Better format? Better theme song?

Robinson Tryon bishop.robinson at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 23:27:17 PDT 2015

Hi all,

I've chatted with many of you briefly over the last week or two about
finding the best time to have our QA Meetings. With us spread out all
over the world, some of you go to sleep before we wake up over here in
the States, so it's always tricky to find one time slot for everyone.

It's important to me to hear from all of you with feedback,
suggestions, and improvements. Having our meeting times on Wednesdays
is very convenient as I can take our concerns or topics and bring them
up the very next day during the Engineering Steering Committee (ESC)
call.

I have a couple different ideas for improvements, but this week I'm
going to do something new and be available this Wednesday every hour,
starting at 1300 (UTC). I'll show up a minute or two past the hour,
say hi, and see how many QA folks are present in the channel. If we've
got 3+ people, we can have a short (or long) chat.

I'm especially interested in hearing from people who haven't been to
QA Meetings in the past, as growing our team and expanding
team-members' skills is vital to our ability to triage and process all
of the incoming bugs and feature requests.

Of course, there's no need for you to wait until Wednesday to bring up
suggestions about meeting days/times or other improvements to our
collaboration. Email still works marvelously well :-)

Looking forward to chatting with all of you this Wednesday!

Best,
--R

--
Robinson Tryon
QA Engineer - The Document Foundation
qubit at libreoffice.org
802-379-9482 | IRC: colonelqubit on Freenode