[Libreoffice-qa] Bugzila 4.3.x versions cleanup

Joel Madero jmadero.dev at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 08:53:29 PST 2015

On 12/01/2015 02:59 AM, Pedro wrote:
> No, I never tried bibisect on Windows. But Sophie volunteered to give me a
> hand if I decided to try so I assume it is possible.
>
> Again, what would be the advantage to have the user install 4.0.0 Beta1,
> Beta2, RC1, etc? Reducing the search range to a 0.0.1 isn't good enough?
> Does the full footwork have to be on the QA side?

At least some developers agree with me btw - "precision is good" and
"lowering to the lowest common denominator doesn't seem ideal." Again,
certain developers have complained about QA tinkering without thinking
about the repercussions. Just because you can't see the benefits to
precision does not mean there aren't any.

Just food for thought as we debate changing things *once again*. Do we
actually know for a fact that users are getting confused by having a few
extra versions listed? Or are we just assuming (or it's a corner case
with a couple users complaining?) and in response we want to yet again
modify bugzilla versions?

*sighs*

Best,
Joel