[Libreoffice-qa] Drop-down boxes are broken for the whole LibreOffice.

Pedro pedlino at gmail.com
Sat Dec 5 01:46:08 PST 2015

Robinson Tryon wrote
>> May I suggest that you migrate all "blockers" to "critical" and remove
>> the
>> "blocker" option from the list?
>
> We've migrated all open blockers to critical (migrating the
> resolved/closed bugs was deemed more disruptive than helpful).
> Renaming 'blocker' was proposed and then postponed, as the 'blocker'
> label is threaded extensively through the Bugzilla codebase, and
> patches to remove it would complicate upgrades. It's possible that we
> could remove the option *solely* in the drop-down display when
> editing, if that would be considered helpful for new bug reporters.

I think that removing it from the drop-down list is helpful. There is no
point in having available options that are deprecated. In this case the
English word "blocker" has a specific meaning and is used in other open
source projects to effectively block a release. Since that doesn't apply in
LibreOffice it should be removed.

Regards,
Pedro