[Libreoffice-qa] Start Center, shortcuts, and so forth

Pedro pedlino at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 08:24:18 PST 2015

Hi Terry

Terrence Enger wrote
> I notice in Start Center on both Linux and Windows that "
> <Alt>
> +F" opens the dialog "Remote Files", thus closing off direct access to "
> <Alt>
> +F X" to close the program.  I presume this is a bug, right?

That should not happen. Under Windows Alt+F opens the File menu. Pressing
just the F key opens the Remote Files dialog.

Terrence Enger wrote
> But I am confused about about shortcut keys, accelerator keys, and
> navigation within Start Center.  Does there exist a description of what I
> should expect?
> (<https://help.libreoffice.org/index.php?title=Common/Start_Center&Language=en-US&System=UNIX&Version=5.2#bm_id1022200910595546>
> does not describe navigation at all.)
>
> Would it be good to have Start Center as a component in bugzilla?

The keys have completely changed since 5.1 (e.g. creating a text document
was O since the OpenOffice days and switched to W) which might be bad news
for people with accessibility problems...

On a positive note the keys are more logic now and it fixed the problem with
"Recent Files" and "Draw Drawing" which were both assigned to R and caused
that none would be launched (focus would just jump from one option to the
other) until you pressed enter.

I think this is more an UI/Design task than a QA task.

Cheers,
Pedro