[Libreoffice-qa] Bugzilla Improvements: Using LibreOffice names for Bugzilla components

Robinson Tryon bishop.robinson at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 09:04:11 PST 2015

Hi all,

By popular request, I just had a chat with the ESC about renaming some
of the components in Bugzilla so that they match up with the names we
use in LibreOffice.

For example, compare the components "Writer" and "Spreadsheet". Many
of you have pointed out that it would be clearer if we had "Writer"
and "Calc" ...and "Draw" and "Impress"  (Oh, and bonus points for
increasing brand-awareness by using the names of our products! :-)

Here's the list of the components that will be renamed:
      Database     -> Base
      Spreadsheet  -> Calc
      Drawing      -> Draw
      Presentation -> Impress

If you're doing any querying or other fun stuff that depends upon
those names, please be warned that we'll make the switch-over soon,
perhaps in a day or so.

Best,
--R

--