[Libreoffice-qa] that walrus

Robinson Tryon bishop.robinson at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 17:29:19 PST 2015

On Tue, Feb 10, 2015 at 5:33 AM, Eike Rathke <erack at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Friday, 2015-01-30 00:30:35 +0100, Bjoern Michaelsen wrote:
>
>> - "Antje" as in Lueneburg, the birthplace of StarOffice, a local TV station had
>>   a walrus with that name as mascot[2]
>
> I beg to differ, Antje had its home at Hamburg's zoo of Hagenbeck, which
> would make it even more suitable for us :) and also the NDR is a Hamburg
> based TV station.

Antje sounds pretty nifty to me. Some people might have some trouble
trying to pronounce it, but we could make some fun stickers to help
people learn... :-)

> https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antje_%28Walross%29 (in German)
>
> But then, wouldn't naming the bug walrus Antje be something like
> blasphemy? ;-)

Blasphemy because... bugs are bad?

Oh, and the bug walrus reminds y'all to show some love for your Free
Software developers this weekend:
https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/
:-)

Best,