[Libreoffice-qa] Bugzilla: Changing several bugs at once

Robinson Tryon bishop.robinson at gmail.com
Sat Jan 10 16:05:00 PST 2015

Adding a unique identifier to the comment during a bulk-update is
great. In fact, bulk updates are so powerful and (from time to time)
have unintended side effects (e.g. accidentally leaving 4 identical
comments on each bug :P), that I'd suggest that we make it common
practice to add such an ID.

Some notes:

1) The date in the ID

To avoid confusion (because date syntax can differ between europe and
the us), I'd suggest that we use the unambiguous YYYY-MM-DD for the
syntax, e.g. 2015-01-10

2) I can imagine that we might want to issue 2 different bulk updates
in a single day, so I'd suggest something like:

"NEEDINFO notification: 2015-01-10"
"NEEDINFO -> INVALID: 2015-01-10"

Having the unique ID means that we can get a list of all bugs in a
given bulk-update with a simple Bugzilla string search.

Best,
--R

--
Robinson Tryon